I offer accessible, ADA compliant websites, starting at just $499 per site. Website accessibility is becoming a hot trend in web design because some companies are facing legal problems if their website is not accessible for people with disabilities.
The Americans with Disabilities Act was passed in 1990, just before the web became popular. The ADA made it illegal for businesses to discriminate against people with disabilities in all walks of public life. In January 2018 the law extended to websites.
Now it is law for all businesses that operate a website to be compliant, according to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, or WCAG version 2.0. Legal challenges are currently in the hundreds in courts all over the country and the new rules are starting to establish precedent in federal courts.
What does this mean for my website?
In short many websites are close to being compliant by default. However there are websites that have a long way to go. Some websites only have a few errors to clean up, some have hundreds.
How Can You Make My Site ADA Compliant?
I offer affordable solutions for small business owners who are concerned with litigation. As a small business owner myself, I understand the role that budget plays with creating a site. While many ADA compliant web builders are charging thousands to get your site up to WCAG 2.0 compliance, I offer templates designs that start at just $499.
My Affordable ADA Compliant Websites Include:
- Purchase of custom ADA compliant theme for your site. NOTE: This does not include hosting services.
- Instillation of WordPress on your hosting provider and domain.
- Proper text to contrast ratio, including allowing for up to 200% text resolution.
- Customization of theme to ensure that your website can be navigated by keyboard-only and screen-reader options.
- Image editing to ensure proper alt-tags are present.
- Correct H1, H2 and other headings.
- Changes to code as needed to update current design (when appropriate).
- Other changes that are customized based on your needs.
Contact me today to learn how I can make your website compliant by filling out this form: